In this episode Wendy and Juan discuss about Cultural Homelessness, Identity and what are TCK’s.
We also talk about the little joys of everyday, flipping tables and why Wendy is a giant.
Pull a seat and get cozy.
- 1:00 Intro, new branding!
- 3:40 Cultural Homelessness intro, TCK’s, Juan’s POV.
- 11:09 When did you started filling the void?
- 14:52 Moral compas.
- 17:23 What identifies you?
- 19:10 What TCK can do to amend division?
- 22:00 Wendy’s cultural homelessness
- 23:26 Wendy is a giant in Japan!
- 24:04 Growing up in Arizona.
- 26:22 Juan’s experience being different.
- 26:44 What is cultural homelessness?
- 31:40 Has asian culture help Wendy cope?
- 39:25 Parents relationship with TCK’s.
- 47:05 The struggle makes you better.
- 50:40 What are the little joys you find in your days?
NOTE: The term “third culture kid” was first coined by researchers John and Ruth Useem in the 1950s.
To read more go here.
Email us your questions and suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org