In this episode, we invited two special friends of ours to sit down and share their experiences on growing up in their home countries, South Korea and South Africa. Join us in learning of their impressions of Japanese culture, Asian versus Western beauty standards, and the challenging history that each country has faced.
Email us your questions and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1:00 – Intro
- 2:30 – Reasons for coming to Japan
- 4:10 – Working for a change in Korea
- 9:05 – Experiences living in Tokyo
- 11:40 – How mindset defines your experience
- 13:20 – Korean cultural expectations
- 14:55 – Korea’s difficult history
- 16:55 – Growing up in South Africa
- 21:00 – Korea’s political climate
- 22:25 – Why we love living in Japan
- 26:45 – Surprising things about living in Japan
- 30:00 – Asian vs Western beauty standards
- 33:00 – Being a foreigner in a homogeneous country
- 41:25 – What sucks (… besides corona)?